Did you know that June 5 to June 11 is National Bed Bug Prevention Week? That’s right! Bed bug infestations are becoming more common every year, and they can be a huge problem for both Austin homeowners and businesses.
These pesky critters can be difficult to get rid of, so it’s essential to take the necessary precautions to prevent them from taking hold in your home or workplace. If you’re concerned that you might have a bed bug infestation, contact a qualified Austin pest control professional for inspection and help get rid of them.
Why Are Bed Bugs Drawn To Homes In Austin
Bed bugs are insects that are attracted to humans and animals. They feed on blood, usually at night when their host is asleep, so they can be difficult for homeowners to detect until it’s too late.
These pests are tiny but prolific breeders who multiply rapidly once inside the home.
As such, Austin homeowners need to understand what attracts bed bugs. It’ll make bed bug control more effective and successful.
- Cluttered: Bed bugs love to hide in tight, dark spaces, so a messy home provides the perfect environment for them.
- Pets: Bed bugs are attracted to human and animal blood, so they may be drawn to your home if you have pets.
- Poorly sealed: Bed bugs can easily sneak into your home through cracks and crevices, so it’s important to seal any openings around your doors and windows.
- Carbon dioxide: Bed bugs are drawn to the carbon dioxide that we exhale, so they may be more likely to invade your home if you have a lot of people living in it.
Acting promptly when you suspect an infestation is key to preventing a full-blown epidemic. Contact certified bed bug control companies near you when you notice any signs of bed bugs in your home or workplace.
Signs You Could Be Dealing With A Bed Bug Infestation
Before we look at bed bug pest control in Austin, we need to be aware of the signs that suggest you may have an infestation.
The most common bed bug signs are:
- Itchy rashes
- Small blood spots on sheets or mattress covers
- A musty odor in the room
- Bed bug skins
If you notice any of these signs, it’s best to look for bed bug pest control service for your home as soon as possible. Austin has a few good companies to choose from, so take your time finding the right one for you.
Five Tips To Keep Bed Bugs Out Of Your Home
Anyone who’s ever had the unfortunate experience of dealing with bed bugs knows how hard it can be to get rid of them. Many people even have to move out of their homes to escape the infestation.
But don’t worry; there are ways you can protect your home from these annoying pests. Here are some tips on what to do to prevent bed bugs from taking hold in your home:
- Keep your home clean and free of clutter
- Don’t bring used furniture or bedding into your home
- Inspect any new furniture before bringing it inside
- Use a mattress encasement to protect your mattress
- Vacuum your home regularly and dispose of the bag afterward
Contact an exterminator if you suspect that your home or business may be infested with bed bugs. Local pest control for bed bugs in Austin can help you eliminate these pests.
Professional Bed Bug Control For Bed Bug Prevention Month
Remember, if you have a bed bug infestation, contact a qualified pest control professional for inspection and help in getting rid of them. You don’t want to let these bloodsuckers get out of hand.
If you’re looking for expert advice about bed bug prevention or treatment options, call Daniel Pest Control for a free, no-obligation quote. We offer a wide range of bed bug control services designed to fit your needs and budget. Let us help you take the necessary steps to protect your home or business from these pesky pests.