What are Ants?
Ants are social insects that live together in large groups. Ants are excellent communicators and leave pheromone trails to help other colony members identify food sources and find their various nesting sites. When you see one ant, it is important to understand that many more ants will be nearby.
Ants have developed a close relationship with our properties because that’s where they find reliable food, water, and shelter.
The most common types of ants that people living in Texas come across on their properties include:
- Fire ants
- Pavement ants
- Pharaoh ants
- Tawny Raspberry crazy ants
Are ants dangerous?
Ants are primarily known as nuisance pests. They are such a common sight that we often forget that they are quite problematic. Some of the dangers or problems associated with ants when they invade our homes are listed below.
- Ants invade in large numbers, and their populations are difficult to manage.
- As ants forage for food, they contaminate our food
- Some species of ants deliver painful bites and stings (fire ants, crazy ants).
- Some species of ants cause structural damage.
- Ants can move into and nest within electrical equipment, stripping wires and causing electrical shortages.
Why do I have an ant problem?
Persistent, difficult to control pests, ants will find their way onto any property that offers them a place to nest, find food, and has areas of moisture. At the first sign of ants on your property, it is best to take fast action before they take over.
Ants typically nest outside. When nesting in our yards, they have easy access to our homes and will move in and out of them each day foraging for food. However, if the weather outside becomes too harsh, it is common for them to create an indoor satellite nest and take advantage of the temperature-controlled environment it offers them.
Where will I find ants?
Ants are not pests that keep their presence hidden from people; we regularly see them wandering around our indoor and outdoor spaces. Some species like fire ants build their nests in plain sight in the middle of our yards. However, most ants keep their nesting sites more hidden, building them under rocks, fallen trees, or piles of debris.
When ants decide to nest in our homes, they usually build nests where we can’t see them, typically near pipes or another water source. Spaces behind wall voids, under floors, behind sinks, behind cabinets, or within insulation are where we tend to find nesting ants.
How do I get rids of ants?
If you are tired of seeing ants trailing through your Seguin, Texas yard, or home, reach out to Daniel Pest Control for total ant control services you can rely on. Our professionals are knowledgeable, friendly, and committed to meeting each customer’s unique needs. By using the latest pest control techniques and performing a thorough interior and exterior inspection, our knowledgeable professionals will put together a treatment plan specific to your property. We will work around your budget and schedule to ensure that your home becomes and stays free of ants and other common household pests.
Contact us today for a free estimate or to learn more about our 100% guaranteed home pest solutions or commercial pest control services!
How can I prevent ants in the future?
The following tips and tricks will help you stop ants from easily moving into your Texas home.
- Place door sweeps under exterior doors.
- Replace screens with holes or tears in them.
- Seal cracks that develop in your foundation.
- Fill in spaces around utilities entering your home.
- Keep trees, shrubs, and bushes cut back from your home’s exterior walls to stop ants from using their branches as a highway system and as a way to gain easy access to your home.